Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two computers on a network have been infected with mugly.i worm, when running trend micro scan it comes up with that worm but says it cannot be deleted, with AVG virus scanner it doesnt even detect the worm.
On both the computers regedit has been disabled somehow by the worm and it wont open.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which virus scanner do you use? I am using avg free antivirus but it doesnt seem to be very good at all, its been updated but still it doesnt detect worms that are on my computer.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I use AVG also. I'm not sure what to tell you about it not detecting the worm.

Read what Trend Micro says on the worm, and click the Solution tab to find out how to remove it.

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_MUGLY.I&VSect=P

I never tried the trend micro online scan, but I would try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and attempt to use the scanner that way.

Also, please submit your log to the HijackThis forum so others can help you further.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of my main problems with removing it manually is that it wont let me access regedit, when I try to open it I get the error -

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:\WiNDOWS\System32\regedit.com
The NTVDM CPU has encountered and illegal instruction.
CS:00cf IP:0656 OP:fe b4 db 02 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

I will post my hijack in the appropriate forum maybe someone can help me there.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
There is no regedit.com in that folder. I'm afraid you have the ACLAN virus my friend.

Read This to see the fake files it creates.

Tell this to the guys on the HijackThis forum so they can help you kill the files that the virus creates in the system32 forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.