Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IE is intermittenly opening two web sites--www.mtreexxx.net and www.extremelyamateurs.com. It occurs at random intervals. It appears my files have been altered by an ActiveX download and I am unable to resolve. I had blocked the sites as restricted sites--therefore, I am able to cancel them out but can't stop the loading.

Any input on fixing?

·
Registered
60 Posts
ok this could be a few things. i'd say the most prominent are:

1) one of them is yer homepage and the other is a popup via js. go into ie >tools>internet options and check yer homepage. make sure it's whatever u want it to be and not one of these two.

2) there is a prog running popups on yer comp - u need to get rid of it. here is how u can see what it is. go to start, run, and type msconfig. then click on the startup tab. there should be something that doesnt look normal...if u cant tell what it is, then type out what progs it shows and we can tell u which to disable. if you're comfortable with editing yer registry, then u can go into the registry and delete the entries of the malcious program. then u can go and delete the program altogether

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.