Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today for some reason I have suddenly lost the ability to log into microsoft live messenger, yahoo messenger and also google mail. I have tried disabling my firewall etc... but to no avail. Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this? And importantly how to correct it.

When I use the messenger live troubleshooter, it seems to be the key ports stage which is having problems

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, i've done that without success.

I can access google mail through firefox but when I try IE it just seems to get stuck in a "redirecting" loop when its trying to load my account

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Ok it seems your IE is pooched. What version are you using, IE7 or IE8? If IE8 is it BETA? Uninstall IE7 or IE8 from Add/Remove Programs then reinstall. When you remove the version, try using the previous version. Meaning, when you remove the one installed it reverts back to the previous version, try using it to see if you still get the issue.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Im not sure if this will help you.
But...ive been having a problem logging into msn for over 2 months without success. I always got the error code 8007007e, saying that the service was temporaily down.
To correct it FINALLY i googled, msn messenger zap. Its a program by jonathan keys that deletes everything thats msn messenger. I then re downloaded msn messenger 8.0 and it worked. hopefully this works for you aswell as it did for me.
good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.