Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I recenty bought and installed a TP-Link wireless usb card. It detected my Belkin wireless router (this def works, as other people can connect to it) and the signal was strong, and it said it was conencted, both the TP-link software and windows.

However internet explorer doesnt work, or mozilla. Ive tried downloading updates and these don't work either, so for some reason only msn works. could it be that theres soeting wron with my internet configuration or ports ??

I've disabled my firewall and cant think of what else i need to do.....Please help...

I'm runing windows XP home on a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop, AMD 2500+, 512mb ram......

thanks,

ali

·
Registered
282 Posts
click start>run type in cmd click on OK. Type ipconfig and press ok and see what IP address you are getting if you are getting a 169.254.x.x ip address then you are not connected to the wireless connection.

If you are getting an IP address other than 169.254.x.x, then type ping 4.2.2.3 if you are getting requests then you are getting internet connection. If you can ping this address then type in ping yahoo.com, if this fails then you may be having some DNS issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.