Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is regard to my 6600GT Problem, The 6600GT's fan had no thermalpaste and wasn't touching the GPU at all, as a matter a fact, I could see the GPU, and the fan was unhooked by one pin which allowed me to slide it off the GPU. When I was playing Doom 3 the game froze instantly when the ID intro was play, and then the next time the pc completly powered off, and I couldnt use the card again. I thought all this time it was a PSU problem, but finding out this Cooler XP problem I want to make sure, and also to make sure I didn't RMA the card for no reason. Well as I know you need to get a full 12v into the card to run it. The problem is that I have PC Alert 4, and when I put it on say for example my CPU temp is at 105F, but when I turn on PC Alert's Cooler XP program, the CPU drops to 95F, a big difference. Now here the problem, when I have cooler XP running, the 12+ volts drop to 11.88v-12.06v. I checked this with EVEREST Home Edition, and it shows the same volts, the thing is that when Cooler XP is disabled, I get a solid 12.12v-12.36v, is what cooler XP doing good, and would it affect the 6600GT from working. Thank You.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I would not use the PC Alert program as it is giving you false readings. You might try Speedfan or Motherboard monitor. Both are widely used monitoring programs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.