Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an MSI P65 Creator with an Nvidia GTX 1050Ti GPU.

The 1050 doesn't work to work at all. Connecting the HDMI just causes hanging and constant switching between the integrated Intel GPU and back to the 1050. The integrated Intel GPU works fine.

I have the original 19.5V 180w charger for this laptop and have tried with a 20v 260 watt charger for the GE75 as well and it doesn't remedy it (I presume trying with a 20v charger instead of 19.5 volt wouldn't itself cause a problem).

Here are the screen shots and monitoring hml from afterburner and GPU-Z.

Have done a bunch of stuff (reflash original vBIOS, update BIOS and EC firmware, reinstall windows, change driver, change RAM, underclock, replace thermal paste for CPU and GPU but left existing thermal pads on other components).

Is the GPU chip dead? How can I verify this?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
31,455 Posts
Is it shown in the Device Manager? If not, it might just might be the connection or short in connection. Usually there are performance signs prior to a GPU quitting.

·
31,455 Posts
Yes i is shown in device manager.

Can someone confirm why this is receiving no replies?
Yes, because it took you 7 days to reply. Hopefully now you'll receive answers. One possible test is to put in a spare GPU if you have one. That it works with onboard precludes a monitor problem.

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes, because it took you 7 days to reply. Hopefully now you'll receive answers. One possible test is to put in a spare GPU if you have one. That it works with onboard precludes a monitor problem.
OP's being required to respond to every post makes no sense. Sometimes they offer no help, nor even suggest a full reading of the problem. No offense, and apologies if one or other of these is not the case, but your replies so far appear to fall into the latter category. The repair attempts made already (reflash original vBIOS, change driver, tc.) would not be possible if it were not recognised in device manager. Also, I'm not sure what 'connection problem' even means. It's a dedicated GPU soldered into the motherboard. As it's soldered into the MB, I'm not sure what 'put in a spare GPU' means either.

·
31,455 Posts
Maybe your Zip file sees something I don't, but still don't see GPU Temp.

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,716 Posts
How can I confirm whether this is a motherboard problem?
Take it to a good repair shop. There is no software you could run to confirm it

You're in no position to dictate who should take part in this thread. This is yet another thread of yours that I remind you this is a public forum. If you don't like how things roll here as a result of this hard fact, I'll gladly help lock this thread from further replies, including yours.

OP's being required to respond to every post makes no sense.
If you won't actively participate in your own thread, what makes you think others should line up with responses while you're missing in action?

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Take it to a good repair shop. There is no software you could run to confirm it
Software isn't the only kind of tool available to troubleshoot PC problems. If using tools (other than software) to troubleshoot is against the rules of this forum then administrators, I would appreciate a confirmation of this. If not, 'Stancestans' you really should do the community a favour and leave these kinds of problems to others who are willing to help.

You're in no position to dictate who should take part in this thread.
Believe me, if I had any control over replies here you wouldn't be getting away with vandalizing/hijacking people's threads all the time (I've seen the trail of frustrated users yourself, Corday and a few others have left in this forum), I would incorporate a Reddit style voting system to deal with low quality answers of the kind indicated, and I would add an option to mark replies as unhelpful/off-topic, plus a few other ideas to try and keep the quality high.

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Getting back to the actual problem here 😕...this thread is a month old and hasn't received any troubleshooting suggestions. Can anyone offer instructions to diagnose the problem please? Apart from any remaining software-based methods, I have multimeters, soldering/hot-air rework station, some other tools and could buy further tools if necessary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts