Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i have a problem with my VGA card....................................
my graphic card is:
msi fx5700le 256mb ram(8xagp){but it is running on 4xagp}
with latest drivers from msi's website/

recently i'm playing 4 games
1- prince of persia sands of time
2- chronicles of ridick
3- fifa 2005
4- armies of exigo
the problem is that POP sands of time, fifa 2005, armies of exigo works exellent with resolution 800x600 but this chronicles of ridick's perormance is yuck with only of resolution 640x400 and when i change the resolution to 800x600, the game becomes slow(not very slow)

i dont know the problem..... some says that changing the motherboard with a 8x agp slot would be helpful

anyway my full pc gonfiguration is:
P4 2.4ghz
512 mb ddr sd ram
msi fx5700le 256mb ram(8xagp){but it is running on 4xagp}
with latest drivers from msi's website
40 gb hard disk space.......
(oh please guys..... dont give me the advice to buy a new vga a because this
vga is was the only one i bought just 1 week before)

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
The truth is, the FX series cards were very poor quality. Even the most "powerful" in that group, the 5950 Ultras, barely meet the criteria necessary to make a game truly playable. The 4x AGP may be related to chipset drivers or limitations of the board. In fact, you won't notice any improvement by moving up to 8x as most games and applications hardly use that much bandwidth ever.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ebackhus is correct. The FX series cards were rather poorly designed unfortunately. Also, Chronicles of Riddick is a rather graphical game so that decrease in resolution isnt that suprising.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I have an FX5700 in my wifes machine it's ok @ X8 it runs all my race simulaters in high res just fine. The LE version of this board is definatly slower than ever the FX5700 standard. Look Here, chip set chart . If you are thinking of getting a MOB to support X8. You would be better off looking at Just going upto the PCI-e. :sayyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.