Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone please explain how i can update a MSI motherboard BIOS without a internet connection?
The website is of no help.
Or a link please as to where i can download it from.
MSI 945GCM5-F V2 Socket 775 < is it any good for overclocking? I am not bothered by quad, its for a E2180.
Thanks

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I would say one of the second two. Do you know your FSB speed?
I belive it will be 800. ...Hopefully they should come by the weekend. And the computer they are going into has no phone line in the .....erm ..cough shed.

E2180
MSI 945GCM5-F V2 Socket 775
Kingston 1GB DDR2 667MHz / PC2-5300 MEMORY CL5 1.8V NON ECC UNBUFFERED

I thought id get the updated bios update ready for when they arrive.

Thanks for all your help.:smile:

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No problem that i know of, i just thought it would be a good idea to update to latest version. MSI wassnt much help, as they only gave me a .ROM/.H65 file. As to how to actually update iam still in the dark. All i know is its through DOS with a startup disk which i have. is there additional software i need?

· Manager, TSF Articles
38,787 Posts
Normally you boot up to the update disc and it prompts you to backup your old BIOS then flashes the new one. The only problem is that if the new one is incorrect you could render your board unusable. The new BIOS seems to be the right one but unless the old is causing any incompatability problems I think I would be tempted to leave well alone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.