Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hows it going everyone, I have an MSI 865PE Neo-2 motherboard with on-board LAN. When I first got it and plugged it in, the On-board LAN didn't work, soooo I was bummed. I checked the BIOS, made sure the on-board lan was enabled, then I swapped everything in the system to see if there was a hardware confliction somewhere. Nothing changed, so I RMA'ed the board thinking maybe the LAN was just bugged and didn't work. I got the board back supposedle "fixed". But I had the same problems. So I RMA'd it again and this time for a totally new board. Set it all up, and I got the same problems! Sooooo, I re-tested EVERYTHING... RAM, CPU, Video, Floppy, CD-Rom's, etc. and NOTHING seemed to work! I really don't get it... MSI swears that the boards are fine and the network tested as working (I believe them of course) - but I cannot figure out what might be conflicting to make my LAN not work. I currently have an Ultra X-Connect 500W Power Supply, P4 2.8GHz CPU, BFG Geforce 6800 OC video card, 40GB Western Digital IDE HD, 80GB Western Digital IDE HD, Kingston 1GB KVR RAM (2 sticks of 512), and a 52x CD burner... EVERYTHING has been replaced for testing, its been tested inside and outside the box and nothings changed... Does ANYONE know what might be causing something like this? Thanks SO much for any input!!!!

Christian K

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres no yellow marks or anything. But the PC's Network Adapters do not even show up unless I click "Show Hidden Devices". I'm losing my mind trying to fix this thing lol. Any help is appreciated!

Mahalo!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.