Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,538 Posts
Hi

From Word itself - backup copy:

"Copies the previous version of a document as a backup copy every time you save a document. Each new backup copy replaces the previous backup copy. Word saves the backup copy (with a file name extension .WBK) in the same folder as the original. When you select Always create backup copy, Word clears the Allow fast saves check box because Word can create backup copies only when it performs a full save."

and background saves:

"Saves documents in the background, so you can continue working in Word while you save a document. A pulsing disk icon appears in the status bar when Word is saving in the background."

Background save merely saves the current document - no backup is made. I always have them both activated.

To change folder locations go to Tools > Options > File Locations, choose what you want to amend and click on the Modify button.

·
Premium Member
39,538 Posts
Hi

Having looked at this, I'm not sure you can change that particular location. The Autosave files, with an .asd extension can be changed but I can't find anything to suggest you can change the location for .wbk files. I'll keep looking - perhaps someone else with more knowledge of Word will be able to help. If it's possible, it's likely that it will involve some Registry editing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.