Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Strange and frustrating problem here... since adding RAM to my system, my USB wireless keyboard has not worked. Windows is reporting this error: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)".

Here are some screenshots http://picasaweb.google.com/tonyzman/USBKeyboardProblem

I've tried everything I can think of, even did a system restore twice, and attempted to load 2 previous (older) driver versions. I've tried all variations of uninstalling/rebooting/reinstalling of the MS USB Keyboard driver software I can think of, including booting into safe mode to check for hidden hardware.

I've tried in vain to delete the 2 driver files for the keyboard, including the .INF. Nothing.

When the MS keyboard software is unistalled, the kbdclass.sys and kbdhid.sys will load by default for this device, and will report the same Code 39.

I'm at a loss here and could use a hand...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Uninstall any software that you have installed for the keyboard. Go to device manager and uninstall ALL the USB ports. Reboot the system and allow Windows to reinstall all the hardware. Test and report.

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
If it doesn't it may give you a new hardware detected balloon tip that you have to follow to install them, as another user had to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.