Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time, I have now needed to connect to a USB 2.O port for a SanDisk Cruzer USB Flash Drive. It will work but at 1.O speed. A message appears "Hi speed USB Device attached to non hi-speed hub". I checked my motherboard's handbook and the ports that are being used are for USB 2.0. The motherboard manufacturer states that the drivers in my Service Pack 1 needed to be activated for the USB 2.O. However, using the automatic driver update function thru XP'S Device Manager indicates those installed are the most current.

1. How can I really check what version of USB drivers are really installed and
the steps to do this?
2. What else can be wrong?

Thanks

·
Banned
2,148 Posts
I wouldn't look to MS to provide USB 2.0 drivers; rather I would get them direct from the M/B manufacturer. Also, consider the possiblity that your M/B doesn't support USB 2.0. This happened to me.

Also (my favorite word), some M/B's have jumpers to enable/disable USB 2.0, as well as BIOS settings that do the same. I'd check BIOS first, to make sure it is enabled. Then verify that the M/B supports it. Then get manufacturer's drivers. Then start looking at the jumpers.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
1. How can I really check what version of USB drivers are really installed and
the steps to do this?
Open the Device Manager, and see what is listed for your USB hardware (Enhanced means 2.0)

2. What else can be wrong?
If I am reading your post correctly, you only have SP1 installed. Install SP2 and make sure all other updates are installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.