Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a laptop with Microsoft Works installed by the laptop mfr Toshiba. I am looking to buy a legit copy of Excel and Word on eBay. It looks like it will be less expensive to purchase MS Office, rather than Excel and Word individually. Office/Excel/Word 97 would be sufficient for what I want to do.

I am running XP home on the laptop. If I buy Office 97, can I install just Word and Excel? Would you anticipate any issues with doing that? Would an OEM version work for me just as well as the "Full" product? Besides the fact that manuals sometimes come with the "Full" product, are there other pluses?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you can give me.

Rod Anderson

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
and2802 said:
I have a laptop with Microsoft Works installed by the laptop mfr Toshiba. I am looking to buy a legit copy of Excel and Word on eBay. It looks like it will be less expensive to purchase MS Office, rather than Excel and Word individually. Office/Excel/Word 97 would be sufficient for what I want to do.

I am running XP home on the laptop. If I buy Office 97, can I install just Word and Excel? Would you anticipate any issues with doing that? Would an OEM version work for me just as well as the "Full" product? Besides the fact that manuals sometimes come with the "Full" product, are there other pluses?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you can give me.

Rod Anderson
Hi,

Yes, you can install only the portions that you want from the Office 97 version. You can check or uncheck any that you want to install or uninstall.

Either version should work if you don't need the bookets. One word of warning, be sure you have both the Serial Number or Activation Key to activate the program when you start loading it in, plus you must have a Certificate of Authenticity. If you don't have the COA, then someone is probably trying to sell a pirated copy of the software....and that, my friend, is not legal to sell so don't participate in that type of activity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.