Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have MS Office 97 on floppies, and i really want to put them onto 1 CD and still have it be a working install. Is there anyway to do this easily? OK well it doesn't have to be easy is there anyway to do it?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wow - you should save those floppies - destined to be collectors items. What was there, like 38 of them?

Back in my Office support days, when someone called with a floppy installation issue, the first thing we'd do is to offer to overnight a CD to them. Unfortunately, that was 1999. As M$ no longer supports Off97, I can only think of 2 solutions:

1) Transfer the files one floppy at a time, either into a folder on your hard drive (best bet) or to a CD (which you can always do later if they are on your hard drive.) Then try setup.exe. I don't know if that will work. 100 out of 100 people would accept the cd replacement, so I never tried it.

2) Purchase an upgrade version of Office and you can use floppy 1 for setup to detect qualifying product. I know this works with Office 2000 - not sure if it works for later versions, again, since 97 is no longer supported and the "man" wants as much of your money as possible.

Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has 44 i think, thanks alot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.