Tech Support banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,
Sorry for asking a question on such a common topic which I should had figured out myself but it is more than one week and I am not able to solve this.

Problem is:
When I open MS word or any other MS office tool, it is showing Unlicensed Product and I am not able to use it.
An image is attached of MS word and MS Word->Account.

Series of Event:
  1. I purchased my laptop in December 2019 from a genuine shop with genuine Windows. At that time my laptop used to ask me to make Windows Account but I didn't.
  2. A week ago, I opened MS word and it showed Unlicensed Product.
  3. I checked for YouTube and there were many video but all looked like illegal solution so I didn't followed that.
  4. I went on Windows Chat Support at Contact Us . After a long discussion, it asked me to download something as Activation Troubleshooter for Office 365 and Office 2016. But, it too didn't work. It said Office can't activate due to network issue. Image Attached.
  5. Then I read on some support forum that signing in MS account will solve the problem.
  6. So, I logged in to MS account using my email . Problem hasn't gone. When I open Word now is ask to confirm my account and after that it shows that This account doesn't have Office yet. Image attached.
  7. In the above mentioned image, there was an option I have a product key. So I thought if I find my product key of Windows 10, I can add it on the I have a product key area and my word will start. So I checked how to find your Windows 10 Product key and I came across nirsoft.net. I opened the website and searched for a 64bit version zip folder, downloaded it and it failed because my laptop said it may have a virus (something of that sort but it definitely said Virus). Image attached.
Now I realized I should take professional help.
I can't visit the shop from where I purchased because of some covid lockdown restrictions.

Now, I need help in two cases:
1. Top Priority How to activate my MS office 2016?
2. How to know if virus got into my laptop and what is the best free AntiVirus Software?

Thanks in Advance for help!

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,367 Posts
The virus detection was your automatic download scanner flagging the archive as containing a virus. I downloaded it using Opera GX and Windows Defender detected it immediately. Defender called it a hack tool with possibly unwanted effects. NirSoft is generally reliable but until I get a thumbs-up from the Security Team I cannot advise its use.

You need a valid Office 2016 key to continue. Look for a sticker on the bottom of your laptop. If you can't find it, you will have to go through your paperwork to find your key.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need a valid Office 2016 key to continue. Look for a sticker on the bottom of your laptop. If you can't find it, you will have to go through your paperwork to find your key.
1. I checked at the bottom of the laptop. There isn't any code.
2. By paperwork I think you mean my laptop bill. I checked it and it has no mention of any product key.

Please leave a comment whenever you feel that NirSoft is now safe for use or if you get another method to find product key.

Also, I have a question:
Is MS product key and office product key one and the same?

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,367 Posts
There should have been a card or CD that came with your laptop with the key.

Is the MS Product Key you have different from your Windows key?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There should have been a card or CD that came with your laptop with the key.

Is the MS Product Key you have different from your Windows key?
I didn't receive any card or CD.
I don't have either MS Product key or Windows key so I don't know.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,823 Posts
Some clarification. Windows 10 Pro comes with MS Word. Some other versions have trial copy of 365. (Get Office). Also, I'm removing your Email address from Post #1 including .pngs. Before posting use editor and black out. Bad idea to show it in a public forum unless you like spam.

Reactions: newTSFuser

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Corday for removing the email. I am new to this so I may make few such mistakes.
About trail copy:
I don't have office 365, I have office 2016 and it isn't trail version because it is running for more than 9 months and I don't think trail version would run for this long.

Now, I cam across a video on YouTube which says "How to activate Microsoft Office 2016 using command Prompt ".
I am sorry the video is not in English but you can see the procedure. In the starting itself he mentions the procedure is completely legal. It's only 6 min long.
Video Link

Can you please see the video and suggest if I can go ahead with that method. It's been more than 10 days and I am not able to continue my work without Office.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Belarc Advisor worked.
Under Software License they were 7 entries. Image attached.
In front of Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Single Language (x64) there was a Product ID and Key.
I crossed check.
Product ID is same as Product ID mentioned in About your PC and the last 5 alpha-numerics of Key was same as that mentioned in cmd when I write the command slmgr.vbs /dli

Now, in front of Microsoft - Office Professional Plus 2016 it was written (Key: none activated) .

Now, my question is
Can I use my Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Single Language (x64) Product key and enter it into Ms Office 2016?

Attachments

·
Moderator , Windows Tech Team , Hardware Tech T
Operating Systems || Hardware || Most Tech Stuff
3,152 Posts
Now, my question is
Can I use my Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Single Language (x64) Product key and enter it into Ms Office 2016?
Nope, what you have is a Microsoft Windows Activation Key for the Operating System and not for MS Office 2016, Office is a different product and needs to be purchased separately.

Unless your invoice/bill shows MS Office listed as part of your purchase, you can't activate Office, you will have to purchase the Office key/cloud solution separately.

Check your invoice again, if there is no mention of MS office or there is only a mention of it as Trial, it needs to be purchased separately.

·
26,823 Posts
I think you have some sort of trial version. When it asks for a product key, insert NKGG6-WBPCC-HXWMY-6DQGJ-CPQVG
If that works it confirms yours is a trial version.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think you have some sort of trial version. When it asks for a product key, insert NKGG6-WBPCC-HXWMY-6DQGJ-CPQVG
If that works it confirms yours is a trial version.
I tried the product key and it didn't work.

I opened the option to enter the product key. I pasted the product key. It said This product key is for Microsoft Office Professional 2016 in RED. I clicked on Install this product instead. Image attached.

After doing this I opened Word and it still isn't working. It changed from Activate to Update. Image Attached.

Attachments

·
26,823 Posts
Try Update.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello everyone.
After I couldn't solve the problem, I called the store from where I bought the laptop. Even though they are closed for some time, they will be sending a technician within 15 days to pickup my laptop and repair it and return it in the next 10 days.

They process is little time consuming but I think it will be for the best. I will have my laptop back within a month.

I am grateful for everyone who took time out to help me with the problem.
Sorry you had to spend your time on me.

Thanks to Oscer1, I came to know about the amazing tool Belarc Advisor. I now have the product key of my Windows 10 with me. Also, I came to know about missing security updates from belarc advisor report, so I will be fixing that.

And finally, this is the first time I am using TSF after it's update. It is way more convenient than the previous version. Also, it looks better.
Good job on the update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Until you get your Word back, use Open Office to get your work done. It's free and you'll be able to save the files as Word files and move them to Word when you're back up and running.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Sorry for asking a question on such a common topic which I should had figured out myself but it is more than one week and I am not able to solve this.

Problem is:
When I open MS word or any other MS office tool, it is showing Unlicensed Product and I am not able to use it.

Series of Event:
  1. I purchased my laptop in December 2019 from a genuine shop with genuine Windows. At that time my laptop used to ask me to make Windows Account but I didn't.
  3. I checked for YouTube and there were many video but all looked like illegal solution so I didn't followed that.
  4. I went on Windows Chat Support at Contact Us . After a long discussion, it asked me to download something as Activation Troubleshooter for Office 365 and Office 2016. But, it too didn't work. It said Office can't activate due to network issue. Image Attached.
  5. Then I read on some support forum that signing in MS account will solve the problem.
  6. So, I logged in to MS account using my email . Problem hasn't gone. When I open Word now is ask to confirm my account and after that it shows that This account doesn't have Office yet. Image attached.
  7. In the above mentioned image, there was an option I have a product key. So I thought if I find my product key of Windows 10, I can add it on the I have a product key area and my word will start. So I checked how to find your Windows 10 Product key and I came across nirsoft.net. I opened the website and searched for a 64bit version zip folder, downloaded it and it failed because my laptop said it may have a virus (something of that sort but it definitely said Virus). Image attached.
I can't visit the shop from where I purchased because of some covid lockdown restrictions.

2. How to know if virus got into my laptop and what is the best free AntiVirus Software?

You need to BUY Office product. Windows is the operating system and Office is a separate product. You don't automatically get office with Windows.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Problem is:

Series of Event:

Hello everyone.
After I couldn't solve the problem, I called the store from where I bought the laptop. Even though they are closed for some time, they will be sending a technician within 15 days to pickup my laptop and repair it and return it in the next 10 days.

They process is little time consuming but I think it will be for the best. I will have my laptop back within a month.

I am grateful for everyone who took time out to help me with the problem.
Sorry you had to spend your time on me.

Thanks to Oscer1, I came to know about the amazing tool Belarc Advisor. I now have the product key of my Windows 10 with me. Also, I came to know about missing security updates from belarc advisor report, so I will be fixing that.

And finally, this is the first time I am using TSF after it's update. It is way more convenient than the previous version. Also, it looks better.
Good job on the update.
You need separate product key for Office 2016. They can be purchased on eBay for $5 or less. It works and can be done quickly and is legit. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts