Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My flight sim installed and will run the game. But their is no trace of where it was saved. Their is no MS Games folder, I have searched for folders I know that are inside of the FSX folder (Gauges, Textures, etc..) and nothing. I have no idea how to find where my FSX folder is. Because I downloaded the Service Pack for it and restarted my comp to let it install and could not find FSX to open it up and play, I put the cd in and the main menu doesnt pop up. It goes right to repair/remove screen...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im also thinking of buying an Alienware-M.
I just want it fast enough to run FSX on high everything.
Im looking at a 256MB NVIDIA 8600M GT
Should I get the Home premium or the 64Bit?
Should I get the Turbo Cache memory?
Is 2gb enough RAM for FSX?

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts
Unless you have 4GB or more of RAm, there is no need to a 64-BIT OS, also, you can't just 'get' Turbo Cache as it comes with all AMD Laptops, and finally, 2 GB is enough to run FSX.

As to your problem, have you checked Documents and Settings? C drive? any other drive?

instead of searching for folders that are inside the FSX folder, just search your WHOLE computer for 'Flight Simulator X'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. Very helpful, I have searched up and down, inside and out for a folder resembling flight sim. I tried searching the whole thing generally as you suggested first, then desperately searched folders inside in hopes of finding something more. Very odd, never had this happen before. Thanks again.
I found Flight Simulator X files under...User/Owner but it only contained the logbook.bin file..still puzzled on this one.

·
Games Team | Tech, Networking Team-Tech
3,752 Posts
Have you tried under C:>Programs and Files> Microsoft Games>Flight Simulator X? That's the directory for MS Flight Simulator 2004, so it should be like that for Flight Simulator X.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.