Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if this is the right forum, but i have a Creative Zen Touch, and i want to somehow get the songs from it to my computer. Somehow most of my music library got deleted on my laptop, but i still have everything on the player.
There is one problem though. I think i used to be able to use the Creative MediaSource Organizer, which came with the player, to do something like this, but now for some reason, the organizer can't find the player when i plugg it in. The only way i can even put songs on the player is by going to My Computer, and clicking on "Creative Zen" as if it is a drive. Then i can drag and drop music i download this way, like it is a folder, but cant drag it from the player.

Ok, so does this mean that windows somehow has control over the MP3 Player and the seperate Creative Software doesn't? Is there anyway to change it, because it wasnt always like this.
If not, does anyone know of a program or way to drag and drop music from the player to the pc?

I know its alot, but please help. thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ok im not sure why your MideaSource wouldn't recognize your player except maybe driver conflicts. Have you tried updating them? As a temporary Fix tho, you can use the NOMAD Explorer program. Should have come Bundled with Media source but is also available to download from: Creative

Start > All Programs > Creative > NOMAD Explorer

You will hopefully See: Creative Zen Touch(Your_Name).

Double click and open it up.

You will see Data library and Music library

Double Click Music Library.

Ctrl + A will select all Files.

Copy them to where you want them on your computer.

After you have them backed up on your computer check drivers / Firmware for your player. There is a chance that when you change firmware you may have to reformat the player.

Hope This Works For you, and great pick for mp3. Love my ZenTouch :sayyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.