Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is my situation. I've got two computers on a home network connected with a Linksys wireless router, computer 'A' & 'B'. The two computers are hard wired to the router because they are both right next to it (the wireless capability is for my wife's laptop). Computer 'A' is dedicated to storage of my mp3 files and serves as a jukebox for my living room stereo. If I try to play certain songs through computer 'B' which are located on computer 'A' on , they don't play. Also, if I try to copy those same songs from computer 'A' to computer 'B', I get an error ("Error copying FIle or Folder.... Access denied"). The strange part is that it is only certain mp3's that are causing a problem. For example, let's say there is a folder on computer 'A' named "Group1". Within that folder are various albums in folders named, let's say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. I can copy/play 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 but not 3. What would prevent certain files from being copied/played over the network? By the way, I have MusicMatch Jukebox on both computers. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jason

·
Citizen of the world
51,140 Posts
Boot into safe mode on the computer with the MP3 files and check the permissions on the files and folders in question using the Security tab. Make them available to Everybody.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! That solved my problem. However, I don't know why the permissions would have been different on certain files.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.