Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mouse works great except on banking software page.

SOLVED 
928 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Ric Trexell 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I can go to any website and click on a button or link and it goes to that site. Now if I go to my banks website I can enter my name and password and then click on the 'log on' button and it will take me to the next page. Then if I click on something it will indicate I clicked by the button (or option) showing that you clicked on it, but nothing will happen. The rotating internet globe or whatever you call it will do nothing. I ran chkdsk, restored all the settings to their default, ran Norton Anti-Virus and Ccleaner and nothing helps. I talked to the bank and they never heard of anyone having this problem. All research I have done by Googling brings up people that have no mouse click response on any page or so but not on one page. Looking over the web, I noticed that banks seem to be running some petty buggy software, even the big banks. Thanks for your help.

#3 ·
I tried Chrome but that gave me so many problems even when it was working good that I stopped using it. The other night I tried it again and when it finally loaded up the bank website, after I clicked on the log on option it said Opps, you timed out or something of the sort. I removed it from my computer yesterday.

#5 ·
Most bank sites use Java and or Adobe Flash Player or both, are your versions up to date (Chrome doesn't use Java so it would suggest using another browser). Another word of advice is you have to install Java and Adobe Flash Player into Firefox before using if you are going to try that one.

#7 ·
Problem Solved: This is weirder than my problem, but at the time I had dial up and wanted to d/l the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, so I took it to my local computer repair place and had them up load it plus some other stuff. It worked fine after than and I brought it home and was able to get into my bank, but the last thing I did that day was run Ccleaner. The next morning I wanted to get into the bank again and the problem was there all over again. So that night a guy came around offering Charter high speed connections. I bit and a week later got my high speed connection. I down loaded and installed Mozilla FF and everything worked great. Strange too that other web sites that I thought were working okay, but just gave me a few problems are now working fine. Even with the high speed connection, my IE9 would not get into the bank, so I guess the FF was a later version. Anyway, FF solved my problem. Thanks all for your help. Ric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.