Tech Support banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Hp Notebook 15-af131dx. The touchpad and external mice work well inside of a Windows 10 PE. In Windows 10, Touchpad, Wired, and Wireless mouse all do the same thing. They work fine for a few moments, Then cuts out altogether for a moment then starts again. It's constant and makes using the computer horrible. It doesnt say any devices are disconnecting. I've checked and updated the drivers. it just does this with any pointing device. I poked around all of the touchpad, Mouse and pointing device settings and accessibility options to no avail. The machine is completely fresh on the os and has all its windows 10 updates except version 2004. it's on v1909. Its got all of HP's Latest Drivers Ect.

Please Help! :banghead:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Do a Clean Boot. If this works, you can leave it this way. Or, if you want, you can add one Startup Item, or Service at a time until the behavior returns, then you will know the culprit.
Tried a Clean boot disabling all startup items and non-ms services and the issue still persists. However, Safe Mode does fix the issue.

·
Registered
BSOD Analyst Student at Sysnative com
227 Posts
After trying the clean boot per @spunk.funk , if that doesn't work for you, try re-installing the drivers by finding them in the device manager, remove them, refresh device manager and let Windows reinstall and reboot.

If that doesn't help, try the re-downloading from the manufacturer and re-install manually.

The fact that they work inside PE and not in Windows makes me think drivers. Also, see if there is a BIOS upgrade.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After trying the clean boot per @spunk.funk , if that doesn't work for you, try re-installing the drivers by finding them in the device manager, remove them, refresh device manager and let Windows reinstall and reboot.

If that doesn't help, try the re-downloading from the manufacturer and re-install manually.

The fact that they work inside PE and not in Windows makes me think drivers. Also, see if there is a BIOS upgrade.
Yeah Me too, That's the first thing I tried, unfortunately it made no difference. I have not tried a bios update bc the reason for the initial os reinstall was that it was infected. The mouse worked fine then though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SOLVED. It was an issue with the latest graphics driver. One of the fixes I tried was updating all of the chipset and graphics drivers. The driver was: AMD Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series. Installed a much older version of the driver: AMD Radeon HD 8400 before it had R3 Series and now Touchpad and mouse work fine.

·
Registered
BSOD Analyst Student at Sysnative com
227 Posts
Thanks for letting us know. It will help others with the same issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts