1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Troubleshooting i did:
1. Reinstalled Windows 10
2. Reseated Motherboard and PSU
3. Turned off "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" in all USB hubs on Device Manager
4. Uninstalled all devices using USBdeview (link)
5. Tried diagnostic startup and selective startup still disconnects
6. Checked if it's static due to my mouse and keyboard wire rubbing together (that's not it)
7. Checked USB voltage using HWMonitor (it's normal 5v and 500ma)
8. Turned off RGB of the mouse (note that my mouse is a cheap korean mouse)
9. Tried using a different mouse if the original mouse cuts out and still doesn't work.

1. Mouse goes back if i sleep the PC and wake it up again

What should i do? my motherboard is an Asrock H61M-VG4 (I5-3550) and running an RX580 4GB (bottleneck i know..)

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,533 Posts
Assuming your keyboard also connects via USB, is it also affected or just the mouse? Have you tried plugging the mouse into a different port?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming your keyboard also connects via USB, is it also affected or just the mouse?
Mouse is connected to the front case usb port, keyboard and headset is connected to the back motherboard io ports.

Have you tried plugging the mouse into a different port?
The mouse was originally plugged into the back motherboard io ports but when i first experienced the problem i plugged in the mouse into the front case usb port and still experienced the problem.
I tried using another mouse when the problem emerges and that mouse is also not working.
Cleaned my PC for any dusts and reseated the CPU applied thermal paste also reseated the ram and the GPU
basically disassembling my whole PC and cleaning the whole case using a vacuum and compressed air

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the keyboard also affected?
If the mouse and keyboard are connected in the back ports the all usb devices disconnect including my headset (hearing a static crackle).
But for now the keyboard is not affected since the mouse is connected to the front usb panel.
ill try booting into linux and check if the problem still persists.
Thanks for helping me bro!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the keyboard also affected?
If the mouse and keyboard are connected in the back ports the all usb devices disconnect including my headset (hearing a static crackle).
But for now the keyboard is not affected since the mouse is connected to the front usb panel.
ill try booting into linux and check if the problem still persists.
Thanks for helping me bro!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts