Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wheel of my mouse is essential to the work that I do as most 3D programs allow for a middle click hold function in order to orbit around digital models. However, the last few weeks the middle click button of the mouse when clicked filters through the open windows of my desktop. This has been a huge inconvenience and the mouse has worked well with my Dimension 4600 for the last couple of years. Even with a replacement mouse the error still comes up and even with the correct function assigned to the middle click button in the control panel the same issue arises. Any ideas?

·
Registered
142 Posts
try uninstalling Mouse from Device Manager......restart ur computer and it will detect the mouse will show a New Hardware Found Wizard....Go through it n see if it helps...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still Nothing

Tried plugging the reciever into a different USB port as well as following the steps you suggested and nothing. Opened up the control panel and it is now the generic mouse settings. However, the middle mouse button still follows the same erroneous function as before. Please help. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried That Already

I have gone through that also, but they do not describe the problem I have. THey simply referred me to uninstalling the driver and letting it auto detect on restart, but of course that was no help either.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sorry Might, I dont have any more idea y this thing is happening because frankly speaking I have never faced/seen any problem with the mouse like this.... Usually people says that computer is not detecting a mouse and the first answer to this question is shutdown the computer, remove the power plug then press n hold the power button of ur case then Plug ur mouse in and restart...This usually works all the time but ur problem seems quite different.... May b Windows Reinstallation can solve this problem for u but still I m not sure....! I hope u find the answer for it but please let me knw the outcome..Thanks!
Cheers
Karan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may just do a clean reinstallation by reloading system files. Maybe that will work and hopefully it won't screw up any of my files.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.