Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using Windows XP. Recently my mouse began jumping around my screen at startup. After approx. 15 sec it would settle down. Last night it began doing the same thing while running Flight Simulator. It finally stuck on the left side of the screen. I closed the program and shut down my computer.

This morning when I turned on my computer, my mouse didn't show up and my keyboard doesn't work. The "num lock" key stays lit but I cannot get anything on the keyboard to respond. I replaced the mouse with a mouse from my wife's computer. My machine didn't recognize her mouse nor did it work.

The connections at the back of my CPU are side by side. Do I possibly have a motherboard problem?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Are they USB or PS2 mouse and keyboard?

I assume this is a tower/desktop, is this correct?

is the mouse a normal ball mouse or optical?

have you tried different mouse/keyboard?

Try different mouse/keyboard and see..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an optical mouse. My mouse is a USB with a PS2 extension. It has worked fine for over a year. I tried another mouse which did not change things. I have not tried another keyboard. I will try my wifes on it tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2nd keyboard doesn't work either. Sounds like possible I/O chip problem. I have a person who will check my system out for me on Monday. thanks for your help.
Charlie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.