Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, For about 3 weeks now ive been having trouble with my mouse, Whenever i play a game it just shuts off and i have to change ports or restart my pc. Ive TRIED EVERYTHING : registry cleaners, different mouses, different usb ports, new drivers, deleted software that i installed, i even re-installed windows but did not succeed. This really annoys me a lot if anyone could help me that would be much appreciated... Psi mouses work fine. I have an intel dual core at 2.99 and have 3 g of ram. windows xp professional.

ps: could avg antivirus. have something to do with it??

thx

·
TSF Enthusiast
1,153 Posts
Hi and welcome....

There could be a lot of things that "have to do with it" including your AVG or even an infection that you do not know about because AVG didn't catch it!

I would suggest downloading a Linux Live CD ISO file and creating a LIVE Boot CD to run your system on for a little while to see if the mouse does it then too. This will assist in ruling out a hardware problem.

Running the LIVE CD will not hurt your current installation because you are just literally running a version of LINUX off of the CD. You can even surf the web with it.

Here is a link to UBUNTU:

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

Also, could you please provide all of your system specifications for us? If it is a mainstream PC, please provide the manufacturer and "true" model number off of the system tag. If it is a custom build, please provide all the hardware details for us!!!

Thanks!

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Could be related to AVG. Try turning off "Gaming mode" in AVG settings.

Similar problem here (see posts #5/6) for AVG users, but their computer doesn't shut down, just minimizes from fullscreeen games.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.