Tech Support banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The laptop is HP Stream Notebook PC 11 & Windows 8.1. Freezing of mouse is intermittent. After booting, and after one or two clicks (left-clicks) of mouse it freezes. I don't have any mouse. It is actually a touchpad, a single rectangle. There is no middle wheel / pilot light on the rectangular touch pad. Now the static cursor has become permanent. First I searched for mouse settings-these showed no option to toggle mouse ON and OFF. I tried booting in Safe Mode, by pressing F8 repeatedly, which just boots in normal mode. I thought all laptops obeyed the F8 command to boot in safe mode. Does it mean the BIOS is damaged? What to do then? AND is there some other key(s) to restart in safe mode? Anyhow I tried to boot in safe mode to make mouse move again, but could not get the safe mode. I also tried a soft system restore, which it gave a message cannot be done, so I did a destructive system restore. The cursor is still not moving. A youtube video said to download drivers software but no idea how to do that, as this make+model isn't available on hp.com or I could not find it. I wonder if there are keys combinations to unfreeze mouse. I could not find them. Please help I will be very grateful

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,557 Posts
Sounds like mouse pad Bass and many HP laptops have a very stupid button or indentation to turn synchpad on and off on the top left of mousepad also which can be problematic. Of course this can also be one of the many signs of hard drive failure so how old is the laptop and hard drive becomes relevant. I have also seen a wrong video driver cause this too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts