Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i really hope someone could help me, because i'm desperate. I tried everything i could find on google and didn't fix it. Here is my problem. I have acer laptop and usb mouse. At once, mouse stopped working, so I took mouse from my other PC, plugged in lap and that mouse worked. When I bought new mouse for my lap, he didn't work too. Then I tried both mices (old one and new one) on my other PC and they WORK! So I thought that usb ports doesn't work on my lap, but then I tried with usb flash, and mouse from other pc, with mouse of my friend, and all that worked on lap. So, I don't understand what is problem with mices, why my mices wont work on my lap, and mices from other computers want? How to fix this ? And one thing more, after few days, when I wanted simply to exchange one my mouse with mouse from other PC, both of my mices didn't work on other PC , but they worked before. I don't understand. Please help me.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,791 Posts
I'm taking a wild guess on this, but I think the receptacle is damaged. By plugging in the additional mouse you probably damaged the pins in the mouse also, hence they don't always work in another computer. If this is the case, you're also going to damage the receptacle in the other computer. The symbol on the plug tells you which way to line up the pins. Forcing when not in the correct direction results in problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for trying, but I know which way to line up the pins, and i really didn't force it. Could it be a vrius? I didn't notice any strange thing , except, sometimes when I'm on Google Chrome , it says run dll 32 stoped working. Or few times when battery was out lap, power cable accidently fall out, does that have any sense?

·
29,791 Posts
Because the good mouse stopped working on the other computer, it really seemed like pin damage. If you have access to a wireless mouse, see if that works. If so, it's receptacle damage. If not, it's driver/software problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I try with wirless mouse and it works. Maybe it's pin damage, but one mouse is new , how he can be damaged ? :/

·
29,791 Posts
If receptacle is damaged, it can damage the pin connectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.