Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HP Pavillion running Vista 32 bit. It has a touch pad mouse, which I don't like to use, so I have a USB wireless laser mouse. The cursor moves and jumps all over. In fact, as it sits on the mouse pad the cursor is moving all over the screen without my even touching the mouse. I have the touch pad turned off. I have removed my cordless phone and cell phone from the vicinity, thinking perhaps there was some type of interference. It has been happening the whole time I've had the computer but its worse lately. There are fresh batteries in the mouse. I've "connected" the usb key and the mouse as per the mouse directions, numerous times. I've tried the mouse on various types of surfaces. I've tried all 4 USB ports. I've updated the driver for the touch pad. I've tried updating the driver for the mouse, but it doesn't have a driver on the mfgr website.

It is most troublesome when trying to click on a button or clickable link on a website...it inevitably jumps around so much that I end up clicking on an ad or some other part of the page.

Its like the cursor is possessed. It just moves all over the screen without my doing anything.

When I turn on the touch pad, it seems to work fine. Its just when I try to use the USB mouse. Also, I've noticed that if I use the touch pad for a moment, the cursor tames down for a while.

Any ideas?

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
What is the brand and model of the mouse?
Does the mouse have any buttons on the bottom that change frequencies? Do you have the latest drivers installed for the mouse for your OS?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a Kensington Lazer PilotMouse wireless.

I was unable to find drivers.

I think I have solved the problem...it might be the surface. I am using a dark wood desk instead of the 'blotter' calendar on the desktop. So far its performing much better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.