Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am using a logitech optical wheel nouse, non-cordless. occasionally my cursor jumps up to the top left hand or bottom right hand corner of the screen. it happens frequently enough to be a major interference with work and gameplay.
i have tried updating the drivers, cleaning the optical sensor, cleaning the mousepad, and switching ports. im sure there is some simple solution, but i am at wits end and cannot think of anything else to try.
any suggestions?
:confused:

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Are you using the USB interface for that mouse?

I have had a similar situation with the same mouse, and it went away when I used the PS2 adapter that comes with it.

Try using the PS2 adapter if you haven't already.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
hmm

well, i dont know alot, but i would suspect that if the mouse does it when it is in USB and PS/2 then it would either be a bad mouse, or it is something like IRQ settings.

I would borrow a mouse in that case and see if the problem exists with only your mouse, or all mouses. if you borrow your friends mouse, and the problems stop, then it looks as if youll be buying a new mouse.

~BoB~

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the suggestions guys but i think i have it fixed now. i taped a blank piece of paper over my mousepad and it seems to be working fine now. i guess it was a problem with the optical sensor and the surface of my mousepad. :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
what color is your mouse pad? If it is black that is not suppose to be a good color or anything dark. Also, I had a mouse pad that was a hard but yet not a smooth surface...........that didnt work too well either.

Good luck,

Laffctx

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
odd.

this is odd, i am using a multi-colored slab of stone for my mouse pad, and it is Hard, Shiny as glass, and my mouse works perfect on it. i cant actually find a surface my mouse wont work on, except water that is, LOL

~BoB~

·
Registered
852 Posts
Only surface I've seen an O-mouse not work on is clear glass with no bottom. And thats like "duh"! I still think its the mouse, I'd like to see the pad - canya attach a photo of it?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
here is mine

id also like to see this mouse pad that won't work. i really cant find anything mine wont work on, except water and like JAMMAN said, clear glass. this is the super shiny slab of (marble?) stone i use for mine, and it works perfect.

~BoB~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.