Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, my mouse cursor disappears when I'm running something on fullscreen, but works as normal on windowed fullscreen and such. It started happening a while ago but I haven't booted something on fullscreen for some time, so I can't exactly pinpoint when (but it's around 1~2 months ago).

I've been trying to troubleshoot this issue for a while now, but nothing yet has worked for me. I've tried changing mouse control panel options (pointer trail that wasn't enabled at all in the first place; change mouse pointers, disable shadows, etc etc), screen DPI to all available and custom sizes and even tinker with application settings. None of it has worked thus far.

Does anyone else have any idea what might be the source of this issue?

Thank you so much in advance!

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
27,014 Posts
Don't have the "Mouse Droppings" enabled.

·
Registered
40,970 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't have the "Mouse Droppings" enabled.
Care to clarify? I can't find this option on the mouse options on the control panel.

What Browser do you use? Is this happening in the Browser or some application?
Try these suggestions: How To Keep Windows 8 Mouse Cursor From Disappearing - Cursor - Windows 8 This is for 8 but should work for 7 too.
As I said, I've tried all that with the control panel and nothing has worked thus far.

·
27,014 Posts
Mouse Droppings = Pointer Trails.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mouse Droppings = Pointer Trails.
Did you guys bother to read my post at all?

I've tried changing mouse control panel options (pointer trail that wasn't enabled at all in the first place; change mouse pointers, disable shadows, etc etc), screen DPI to all available and custom sizes and even tinker with application settings. None of it has worked thus far.

·
27,014 Posts
In Device Manager see if Mouse driver needs updating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.