Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have searched the net far and wide and have found no solution.

My old motherboard (ASUS P5KPL-AM) had a power surge and short-circuited. I called up my PC guy and he fixed everything and installed the same motherboard again, but the 'SE' version (P5KPL-AM SE) and now I have a problem when putting my computer to sleep or hibernate.

I used to be able to wake the computer by shaking the mouse or tapping any key on the keyboard, but now I seem unable to.

When I press the 'sleep' button, the computer literally shuts down and runs on a low-power state mode. The motherboard doesn't give any power to any devices attached (USB ports, mouse, keyboard etc...) and I think this is the problem to why it isn't working.

When I shutdown my computer on the old motherboard, the keyboard lights were still on, along with the USB hub 'on' light and I want this to be the same on my new motherboard.

Just to mention, I have tried using USB mouse and PS/2 mouse sockets and they both have same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
15,298 Posts
Check the power management for the devices.

Open Device Manager > right-click the device and choose properties>choose power management tab

You should then be able to change the power options.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the power management for the devices.

Open Device Manager > right-click the device and choose properties>choose power management tab

You should then be able to change the power options.
I have already set it to 'allow this device to wake computer'

Still, nothing.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
15,298 Posts
Check Device Manager for any device error.

Check the USB Root Hub in Device Manager. Is it set to shutdown to save power?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check Device Manager for any device error.

Check the USB Root Hub in Device Manager. Is it set to shutdown to save power?
None of the USB hubs art set to 'shutdown to save power'.

But I don't see how the USB ports would affect the PS/2 mouse and keyboard from not working.

Strange...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.