Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I got a new nvidia g-Force 5200 card:grin: , got online downloaded the driver. So far everythings ok. Went to play Halo which the card can handle no prob and the keyboard locks up:upset: . The usb mouse is still working. I try three different keyboards same thing. I try a none usb mouse and it locks up as well. Could this be the mobo or a driver issue? Please help. Some what of a novice.

·
Banned
1,534 Posts
Welcome to TFS

check in bios the USB mouse support is enabled, the KB's if there internet KB's might require maufacture drivers to work properly. standard KB's should run fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The kb is a regular kb and the usb mouse is enabled. The kb only locks up when graphic demands are high...example (maximizing the explorer window). I reinstaled my old video card thinking it was the new one since this began when I installed it.Still same problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried that already and it worked for a min but then it locked up again. Could it be the reg connections on the mobo? The usb mouse still works when the reg kb locks up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok well i bought a new kb a cheepy one. Same porblem. I have tried uninstalling it and reboot. Some time s the kb owrks for like five mins sometimes not at all the new kb doesnt need drivers so i know its not that. I have a usb mouse and it orks whether the kb is working or not. If i use my old PS2 mouse it stops working when the kb does. Could this be the PS2 connections on my mobo? Please Help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.