Tech Support banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry to bother everyone with what is most likely a dense/dumb question but I am having issues finding anything solid to clear up my confusion/question. Thanks for the time and effort from everyone that tries to help me/point me in the right direction.

Ok, so I have a motherboard that the Bluetooth module failed on. I had it supposedly repaired, but the repair failed completely and they removed hardware that I did not think they needed to remove (they did not put it back either, they kept it) to test the Bluetooth. The hardware in question that they removed was a Samsung 250GB SSD that fit into the M.2 slot on the motherboard with a screwed down cover plate over it (so they had to remove the plate to remove it). As a side note they did not properly fix the Bluetooth anyways. It only allowed Call connections, no Audio connections. And the module died completely again in less then 10 minutes after getting everything setup and running. So right back to the condition the motherboard was in when I sent it to them for repair in the first place.

So my real question before I try to tackle this issue with them is if they actually needed to remove the SSD in order to troubleshoot/test the onboard Bluetooth module that had been faulty (I know it was faulty as it died less than four months after purchasing/setting up the PC). I only sent them the motherboard, the pair of Antennas and by accident I left the SSD in the covered M.2 slot. I don't understand why they had to remove the SSD to test the Bluetooth and still don't understand why they just did not plug it right back in.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,962 Posts
Yes they had to remove it. Are you saying they didn't give you your SSD back?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,962 Posts
That's called robbery. They're yours. Demand them back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for confirming whether or not they had to remove the drive to test the motherboard.

I am trying to get the stuff back but I am not counting on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish it was that easy but unfortunately I don't have the funds to start legal actions against ASUS, at least not in the only way I am familiar with. I am working with an advocacy group for consumers though I am not sure how far it will actually get me, though I do like the group at least so will be helping them out when I can with what I can. I am just not really sure what legal avenue I would have for something like this as their ToS pretty much covers their butt when someone forgets and leaves an extra component in the motherboard when sending it in.

I am still hoping that the ASUS corporate care team will try to help me resolve this issue though I am not going to hold my breath, that is for sure.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,233 Posts

·
428 Posts
Is this a self built or pre-built machine? what specific motherboard are we talking about and I know some folks at Asus they would be very glad to hear from you, Did you try calling Asus? - if it was officially Asus that you sent your board to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have no idea why they would need to remove much of anything to test or fix the bluetooth. But otherwise I would never touch any assus product again. The story is long but they ripped me off royally and cost me tons of time along with a HDD on a defective mobo. They have a whole list of specifics when you send back something for repair. They tell you they will not send back any parts of your own that are with the mobo. I followed all their rules but apparently there was one I missed or they didn't make plain. They do not send back your original box. So now to sell this piece of junk whatever they sent back I now have a generic white box. How in the world can I get any value out of something like that? So anyway take it from someone that has been ripped off from them. Whey what they sell you is good you are ok, but if there is a problem their CS, support and repair service is at the bottom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts