Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, not really sure whether this is the right place for my post but i coudlnt find a "memory" section so u know lol.
well basically, i was wondering whether it's true that u can put a DDR400 (PC3200) memory into a mobo that only supports up to DDR333 and be sure that it works jst fine (but obv at a reduced speed of 333MHz). and if yes, i want to know whether this is in any way risky or not. and the other question is that do mobos with DDR2 support still support DDR ram or not (i'm not even sure whether it's physically possible), so that if i upgrade my current mobo i dont have to buy new ram lol.
Thnks

EDIT: ah, i jst found out that DDR and DDR2 can't be supported on the same motherboard cos of their physical shape and their different "package types", so ignore the second question, jst the speed problem now, lol

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Makers of RAM must make sure that their products can clock back to lower speeds. But if that's what you're looking at then I'd just get RAM that's the speed your board supports rather than spend the extra money on something you can't use.

·
OmegaDawn
781 Posts
As long as the memory is compatable with your motherboard,
you should have no problrms underclocking from 3200 to 2700,
or 400Mhz to 333Mhz.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.