Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I am new to the Tech Support Forums. I want to replace the mother board from my computer. Motherboard Specifications: P5LP-LE Leonite-GL8E. I Have Operating System Windows Vista. If I replaced the same Motherboard do I am going to have problem with Operaring System? Or do I am going to have problem recover my other drivers? If any one offer me information I will appreciate.. Thank you very much......:4-dontkno

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
If the motherboard is an exact match, then everything should be fine with the computer. If it is a different model, then you will need to do a repair install if you use the original hard drive.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
hi,
if you you just swap the motherboard with the EXACT same kind, which includes revision number, and retain everything else, especially the hard drive, all should be well;
but you will probs have to update your bios and pay a quick visit to the Windows Update site.

Sorry Tumblweed, we were obviously responding at the exact same time.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hey Houndog777. no foul when we double post like that. I just typed faster than you did this time (working nights on that one), so gotcha this time. I suppose you will get me next time, but I will be watching over my shoulder anyhow. Have a great evening and keep up the great work.

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
one thing, if your operating system originally came with your computer, then it will have to be replaced if you are getting a different motherboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.