Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an E-machines T6410, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor 3200+, 2.19 Ghz, 896 mb of RAM. my psu was going out on me earlier and i tried to change it out the other day. Evidently it fried my motherboard, with some research on the computer some people claim you cant get a new motherboard to operate with my system? I would just like to know if my hard drive could be saved somehow or if i could in fact get another hard drive that would be even better. Is there hope for me yet?

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
E-Machine PSU's do have a habit of taking Mobo and CPU when they go but the HDD could very well be OK. Data can be retrieved by slaving the drive to another PC, or better yet, using a hdd to USB adapter connected to another PC. You can use the Hdd in another PC.
I'm not up on AMD but perhaps someone else can direct you to a source for a compatible Mobo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea that's what i was thinking about doing, but ive heard that with e machines you cant get another mobo for it. hopefully that is not so cause i really need that hard drive. thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.