Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
black screen and slow speed

hi
I have an irritating problem, and I don't know what to do about it. May you help me with that please?

My computer parts are as follows:

GIGABYTE 965PDQ6 965P DDR2 SOUND+GLAN+SATA2 16X Mainboard
INTEL C2DUO E6600 2.4GHz 1066MHz 4MB 64BIT 775p CPU
512 MB DDR2 675 MHz HYPERX CL4 (4-4-4-10)KINGSTON *2 RAM
SAPPHIRE ATI X1950XTX TOXIC(256Bit)512MB AVIVO 16X Graphics Card
FEEL HURRICANE USB ATX BLACK CASE 550W Case
400 WESTERN DIGITAL 7200 SATA2 16MB CACHE Hard Disk
WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL EDITION OS

I know it is a bit weird not to put even the *64 version, but I will upgrade it to vista as it becomes available.

So, I have a problem that could not even be identified by the technical service. The problem is that after the windows icon appears (the very first screen with the windows sign in the middle), there is a 3 minute pause before the screen with account names show up. Moreover, my computer is significantly slow. This problem appeared one week after it came to my house. I formatted it a few times, but there was no improvement. Could it be a motherboard problem? :4-dontkno
Can anyone who experienced a similar problem help me with that please?

:wave:

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Hi, welcome to TSF

Have you installed all the motherboard and device drivers?

Any yellow flags in Device Manager?

Have you changed any of the BIOS settings?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bios is updated, and I checked that there are no yellow flags. However, the problem still continues. I have changed once the bios setting that is responsible for the order of the boot devices in order to format the computer, but I put that back on. Someone recently told me that there might be as well viruses in the BIOS . Could that be possible? Otherwise, should I change the parts one by one and test them ?

Thx for your help

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
Hi,

If the answer to dai's question is "yes," then I think it might be possible that you have a virus in the boot sector of your hard drive. A regular format does not alter that, so you may need to do a more complete format and drive clean to clear that data out of there.

Just know that you must reinstall everything back when done with this program and it does take a considerable amount of time to do a good job. The drive will be "native" or like a new drive when done.

Therefore, if this baby were mine, I would use something like
Dban to wipe that baby clean and start over.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
in safe mode, it still is the same. I will try that program and see whether the problem is gone or not. I didn't know that the regular format didn't clean all the things.

thx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.