Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced ASUS M2N32 SLI deluxe wireless motherboard and 600watt Enermax Power supply in a 2006 Velocity Micro Vision (custom build from BestBuy website). I was told they were both dead after one year and one month. Also replaced, AMD 64 x2 3800+ processor for an AMD 64 x2 6000. When I start the computer I get a blank screen. While the power is on, if I unplug the 12v cpu power from motherboard and plug back in, the pc starts normally. I tried numerous BIOS settings with no luck. Does anyone know what’s going on?

·
Registered
374 Posts
"While the power is on, if I unplug the 12v cpu power from motherboard and plug back in, the pc starts normally. I tried numerous BIOS settings with no luck."

Which connectors are you unplugging? 24 pin? You do this when the mobo is powered up? Please list components with make and model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"While the power is on, if I unplug the 12v cpu power from motherboard and plug back in, the pc starts normally. I tried numerous BIOS settings with no luck."

Which connectors are you unplugging? 24 pin? You do this when the mobo is powered up? Please list components with make and model.
I am unpluging the 12v cpu power plug and it is a 4-pin connector to the motherboard.

Running Windows XP
ASUS M2N32 SLI deluxe wireless motherboard
AMD Athelon 64 x2 dual core 6000+
3 GB DDR2 667-MHz (PC2-5300)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.