Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there some help would be totally appreciated. I have a friend who has a computer less then a year old it was freezing up every time she opened a new program (she does web and graphic design on her pc) she is running win XP(home) has 1 gig ram and a 160 gig hard drive and the motherboard she has now is a AuthenticAMD 2166. That is the second motherboard in a year she had it in the shop for a week and they took out the ASRock k7S41/K7SA41GX....... i cant find out what speed that processor was but i have a feeling that with all the stuff she has on the motherboard they put a smaller cheaper one in and yet again she is coming across the same problems the computer is freezing up again. Originally when she took the computer in they told her graphic card (Gforce) wasnt seated properly its been a nightmare and some answers would be greatly appreciated. :4-thatsba

·
Registered
906 Posts
Is the Windows installation the same through out this process of crash and repair? Usually a fresh install of Windows is needed when replacing the mobo.

Windows is a program but it does not crash when windows runs, only when a program is started in windows. Because of this I do not think it is the mobo, besides you had it replaced.

If the Windows install is fresh after the mobo replacement you might want to disconnect all the hardware from the system except what you absolutely need to run the PC. Boot to Windows and test it.

The problem could be a video or sound card, drivers, hard disk corruption or the power supply could be weak. You will need to go through the process of elimination to isolate the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.