Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new case and graphics card sadly emachine's motherboard is crap... so time to buy my own bout time i stopped using stock motherboards and parts anyways. So crap when it comes to customization always have some specialy nits and grits that annoy you when customizing.

Anyways from this store compusa.com

I need a good mobo that will support my amd athlon 3200+ processor and evga 7600 GT graphics card, Not looking for an extreme mobo cause I don't have the parts to take advantage of the extremeness so don't post 329 $ mobo saying best bet.. that won't help me at all cause I can't afford it and I can't afford the parts to go in it.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Just a few questions first...

Your 7600, is that an AGP version or PCIe version? It should say this on the outside of the box or in the User's manual.

And your processor, do you know if it is a socket 754 or 939? If your not sure, post the model number of your eMachines so we can check on it.

Also, before we get you a new motherboard, list your power supply. If it's the one that came with the eMachines, it may not be suited to run your new hardware (mainly, your video card). If it's not, we can help you find a new one for your computer. Take a look at the Power Supply link in my signature if you want more information about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.