Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
i bought a whole new comuputer in bits today and assembled it, i booted and it worked first time. However when i tried to install an operating system i found that the keyboard was not responding most of the time and when it does i get an extremely slow response, it takes about 10-30 seconds after i press a key but most of the time it doesnt get any response at all. The mouse doest seem to be detected by the system either, i have tried it with another keyboard and still get the same. I cant use the bios setup functions because this is entirely keyboard operated and there seems to be nothing i can do. its a gigabyte motherboard, i cant remeber which model though. can anyone help me?

·
Registered
43 Posts
are you getting any post error beeps, or numeric codes on the screen? Also try booting to safe mode(if you can) and see if the same is happening. Also what o/s are you trying to install?

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Check the documentation, some motherboards have a fuse for the keyboard/mouse power. If that's blown, you'll need to replace it, usually from plugging in a keyboard or mouse with the power on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.