Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been using this system for almost 6 months. I had some heat issues so I decided to change thje fan. That is when my problems started. First it said system failed due to cpu overclocking. But it was booting and it was coming to the list where you can choose your cpu speed. I would choose the preset settings and then it would still give me the same message. i tried to take out the battery still nothing. But all of a sudden I have diffrent message now. System failed memory test. I took the battrey out, and short cicuit the two ends as it is stated in the manual. Now the asus post reporter is gone it gives me long beeps in an endless loop. I checked the manual it says no dram installed or detected. I tried all 3 dimms still not working. I tried a working memory pulled out f a working system still it is not working. So I know that the problem is not the ram. can it be because i reset the bios. is tehre a way to flash the bios ? i am not sure if that is possible because the system will not boot. it keeps giving memory failed message....

S

·
0 Posts
Try one stick of ram in the first slot only and see if it will boot.

Welcome to Tech Support Forums.............:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.