Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--Problems--
Occanisally my computer will just get the BSOD, or everything will freeze and weird noises will come out of my headphones. other times the screen turns off. I also noticed that occanisally i get the ATI VPU recover problem... are they connected? ..this only happens while playing games. I think its a heating or power supply problem.

--Upgrading Mobo/CPU--

In a few months I will be upgrading my CPU and mobo, currently i'm only on a 2.2GHz (Intel p4) and would like to upgrade it, so I would need a new motherboard. However, price is a factor, so I've found this (prices are Canadian)
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1178956&Tab=2&NoMapp=0

It seems to be like a good deal and it would be a nice upgrade @ a good price for me. I have a couple of questions though. First, The FSB of the motherboard says 800, but the processor says 1600, could this be a problem that they do not match? Or in any way hinder the properties of the CPU?

Also the CPU has hypertransport, is this AMD's version of HyperThreading?

Overall how do you guys feel about the deal, would they run nicely together and support each other fully. Do you see any potential problems from this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.