Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im just wondering about these additional power connectors, its says that they are mainly used to supply extra power for stuff like dual memory cards, but it also says that they can supply extra stability to the whole system, but my psu only has one floppy type power connector, so if i use it on the board, i wont be able to use it on the floppy drive, do you recommend not bothering adding the extra power, because i wont be using two graphics cards, but i will be using a 6800gt,

should i just buy a normal 4 pin power connector that turns into a floppy power connector like this one http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=10950&doy=4m9

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Most mobo's that have the 24 pin connector and provisions for additional power for the PCI-E bus, CPU, and such need to have them installed in order to have system stability.....even though you may not be running SLI or seriously OC'ing, I would say it is best to populate the connectors and supply the mobo with all the power it wants. With the 6800gt I definitely reccomend the aditional power and Yes, go with the splitter if need be...TWAJETMECH

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
yes, you will want to get any splitters you need to make this possible.

i just wanted to add, just make sure not to skimp out on them, buy good ones.
the cheap ones tend to have bad connectors, causing intermittent power dropouts.

pc's and intermittent power dropouts do not get along.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.