Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mmkay, just put a new fx5200 into my media playing machine to replace the old mx440. at first couldn't get the tv out to work at all, but now it's ok, just black and white, like the guy with the radeon. i know the cable is ok, used it with the old card, and i set the tv out for I/PAL (like my tv) and s-video out. so why oh why is it in black and white still? i remember fixing this by myself once before, but it was about 2 years ago so i can't remember what it was that i did. someone help me, please, please, please, or i will end up smashing my nice little shuttle with a hammer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi

i managed to sort mine out last night. (praise the lord)

it was settings on the actual television that needed changing rather than fiddling about with the gfx card settings.

i had to change from scart 1 to scart 2 and use the AV2 instead of AV1. then i found a setting in the tv menu that allowed you to change the input of AV2 and swapped it to s-video rather than video.

i would have found this sooner but i only bought the tv on the weekend and atm i dont have the correct remote ( a one for all jobby )

hope this is of some help.

p.s.
i remember setting up a tv out on my friends nvidia card and there was one setting deepy hidden away that needed changing to s-video from composite which made it work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh, yeah that hidden setting sucked. sure it fixed it last time i had this problem, but i've been through all the PAL modes and it still won't work, and my pc refuses to switch to composite for some reason. i checked my tv documentation and the tv-out is plugged into the scart socket it says supports svhs, but i think that scart socket is a bit knackered anyways (sound stopped working through it a while ago).

anyways, i went out and bought myself a little AV selector box (needed one anyway cause i got too few scart sockets), which seems to have both SVHS and composite inputs and outputs, so hopefully it'll take the SVHS signal and make it composite for me, thus making it work (if i'm lucky). apparently the problem is something to do with svhs having an extra wire for the picture, i read it has chrominance and luminance lines not just one picture line, and if you somehow join the top 2 pins of the SVHS then they make a composite? haven't tried it myself, but read in some random forum that it worked for quite a few people.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
meh, so much for that plan. o well, gonna have to try joining the top 2 pins with a wire, or maybe taking the scart adapter apart and joining them on there. god damnit, last time i upgrade a graphics card for no particular reason!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, wrapped a little copper wire from inside an old electric flex round the top 2 pins of my svhs connector (with the little plastic plug bit at the bottom) and that seems to have done the trick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.