Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here can recommend any software for monitoring defective HDD from different PC with multiple HDD preferable can send error message or email to inform the user of the defective HDD in different PC in the company cause we are having multiple HDD in our desktop user. Some only found out to be defective a later time a good HDD network detector is good for this problem.

Hope someone has any idea about this :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
you should go to "Start" menu on Windows To launch the command prompt programme, type "cmd." On the command prompt window, type "CHKDSK" and press Enter. This will perform a scan and display your HDD's condition.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,850 Posts
Is your network part of a Domain? Or are the computers part of a Peer to Peer network?
Just running Chkdsk from a command prompt as Admin, without the /F or /R switch will only scan the drive in Read Only mode and not fix anything. This also won't alert you remotely either
You can setup SNMP alerts to Email you automatically on immanent HDD failure.
There are other HDD Diagnostic Tools like Crystal Disk Info, HDD Scan or DiskGenius in my signature and many others, that can be run manually from the computer, and may be able to setup to run automatically but I don't think they alert you of failure

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is your network part of a Domain? Or are the computers part of a Peer to Peer network?
Just running Chkdsk from a command prompt as Admin, without the /F or /R switch will only scan the drive in Read Only mode and not fix anything. This also won't alert you remotely either
You can setup SNMP alerts to Email you automatically on immanent HDD failure.
There are other HDD Diagnostic Tools like Crystal Disk Info, HDD Scan or DiskGenius in my signature and many others, that can be run manually from the computer, and may be able to setup to run automatically but I don't think they alert you of failure

How they can manage network pc and monitor their HDD gonna try those software

1 - 5 of 5 Posts