Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently my moitor started to get all fuzzy for a minute or two..it comes and goes but it distorts the screen...does this sound familiar and how if possible can i fix it. The monitor is no more than 2yrs old and the warped screen doesnt coincide with any other electrical products in my room.
I was told that it may be because i leave the comp on sometimes for too long??????? possible

melissa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,691 Posts
You could try using the monitors "degauss" feature it might help you out depending on the trouble. It cant hurt in other words.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
Hi MsMelissa,

Welcome to the forum, hope you have fun :D

Your problems seems to be very common. Try what the TheTechIsIn told you to do, (Degause).... If that didn't work, I think it could be as part in the monitor called the "Magnetic Deflector", That could be damaged. It (could) be the reason.

Best Regards,

Da Tru Masta
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow you guys are great with the quick replies THANKS..my question is what is the monitors degauss feature and where do i find it?

and Dj Specs: no i havent tried banging on it cuz it does go away pretty quickly but i was just curious cuz it just apppeared outta the blue and i dont want it to lead to a major prob.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
Hi MsMelissa,

The degause feature is actually a button on your monitor that should have a "Magnet" With a line through it.

Try it, And let us know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Da Tru Masta
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
852 Posts
Welcome again!!!

If it comes and goes, degaussing will not help. Strong wierd colors on an unusual part of the screen is a sign of magnetism (like when you put a really big speaker close to the monitor..oops!!) and would warrent degaussing.

Sorry to say it probably is something inside the monitor malfunctioning. Sounds like what us old timers called "the flyback" which produces a high frequency high voltage that can zap you pretty bad if you touch it. Do not dis-assemble your monitor unless you know what you are doing!!!!
:angel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
YUP, DO NOT , TRUST ME, DO NOT Open your monitor what so ever unless you are SURE what you are doing. Plus, Like Jamman said, If you really do have speakers beside your monitor, That most likely the problem.....However, when it is a problem with magnetism, you would always have a different bloored colour at one of the corners or sides of the screen. And, If it really easy a problem with magnetism, You don't even need to open up your monitor, There is a tool you can use that basically fixes this problem. Its a ring like metal tool equipped with magnetic poles that when held close to the monitor, it will attempt to level out the magnetic fields again. You can even use a magnet to try to solve this, when you hold it close to the monitor sides, BUT< YOU HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFULL When doing so because it can make it worse X(

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Da Tru Masta
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,691 Posts
Do not dis-assemble your monitor unless you know what you are doing!!!!
:no: Been there, flew across that room.....

Its like touching a live 240 line, theres a big crackle then a visible arc, then your out for a little while...and you wake up some distance away from the monitor.... :no:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,691 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, nothing ....;)

Could account for my personality I guess :D

I work with electronics all the time, but @ that point in my career I was not, NOT qualified to be doing what I was attempting to do ... not to mention I forgot to unplug the thing .. :rolleyes: Thats one mistake that will never be repeated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
Common Mistake, Deadly concequences.

Kids, Don't try this at home, LOL, but just a saftey reminder, ALWAYS, I repeat, ALWAYS Unplug any electrical object before opening it! (I fried a wireless Network Card myself a while Ago) X(

Oh, that was a lot of money gone like that.

So again,
This goes to everyone, TRUST ME WHEN I SAY, DO NOT OPEN SOMETHING IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO, And if you do, BE CAREFUL :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
anything that casues a strong electrical charge could be your culprit..from speakers to cell phone to fans to heaters...and it will stand out on a cheap monitor then on a quality one
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top