Tech Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ok, thank you for that. I've bought some screws online now. Hopefully they'll be right when I get them!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
By chance do you have a usb printer cable after looking at some pictures of back of screen looks like a usb printer cable.
yes, I have a usb printer cable and I've just plugged it into my monitor and it works! just like that! hehe thank you a lot for suggesting that!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I got the screws for the monitor today and they don't fit :( too long. damn it.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
51,815 Posts
Cut them off.

Reactions: oscer1

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
9,324 Posts
Something else you might try is check and see if a thick washer (or two) of some type under the head of the screw would shorten/raise the screw enough so that it would be impossible for the tip of screw to touch anything inside the monitor.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
30,462 Posts
Taking you back to Post #2. So many monitor stands are proprietorial to the monitor, hence, best available from the actual manufacturer. The seller can make more money selling the 2 individually, particularly when the stands are hard to come by.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
thanks for all of that info but I've actually just bought some more screws which might work - I measured the depth of the hole which ahem I didn't do before ahem :p so, hopefully, that'll make a differene!

I'd got a 20mm screw before and now I've ordered a 14mm screw.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
51,815 Posts
Just make sure the screw doesn't meet anything inside, that's never good for the monitor's health. :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
this is unrelated to my initial post but....how do you expand a screen on a windows 10 touchscreen? to zoom in on something? is that possible?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
yeah, I knew that already. I want to know if I can use my fingers to expand the screen when I touch the monitor.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts