Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
31,431 Posts
DVI-D or VGA OK.. Unfortunately you should have demanded the stand. You're going to have to improvise.This is a problem when buying used.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right, I got a dvi-d cable and the monitor is connected to my pc now but its touch facility still doesn't work.

where could I get an installer for the monitor?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
31,431 Posts
These came with the unit:

AC,RS-232,USB,DVI,VGA

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for that. I've bought a couple of cables online, now, so....just a matter of waiting 'til I receive 'em to see if they're right.

I need to get a stand too. got any links for that?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
already tried that one but it didn't fit. I've just measured the bolt holes and they're 10cm apart which, hmmm....actually should fit that stand, yes?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got a stand and a cable from amazon today and neither of them fit. the holes in the stand align with the monitor but the screws don't screw in.

the cable is a total non-starter - it doesn't fit into the socket on the monitor at all.

so, what to do? I haven't checked that last site out yet....maybe I'll get something there. doubt it but, I'll try....

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,027 Posts
I had a friend that killed a 65" flatscreen because he didn't heed that warning. :D I make sure whenever I mount one of these that there is clearance for the screws before the job starts.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
10,531 Posts
According to the manufacturer you need some M4 screws. You can see that by clicking on the "Technical Specification" on their page here: iiyama - ProLite T1531SR-B3

As far as the length goes, don't know for sure because it depends on the thickness of the plate you are mounting to the monitor and the depth of the screw hole on the back of the monitor. My guess would be maybe 10 to 12 mm long? Please check first though.

To check the depth, line up the mounting plate with the holes. Then gently insert a matchstick|toothpick (not metal) all the way down into all four holes to find out the one with the shortest depth. Now subtract a couple of mm from that and bingo, you now know the length of the M4 screws you need.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts