Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have done lots of eliminating so hopefully someone out there has the real solution for this. I have Vista Home Premium 64bit SP2. If I choose SLEEP mode it is my MONITOR that won't re-wake. When in sleep, I touch the mouse or keyboard and my CPU DOES re-wake, because I can hear the fan kick back on and the light on it lites back up, but a signal is not sent to wake the monitor. I thought it might be the video cards (I have 2 cards) so Dell replaced both under my warranty. I have made sure the video card drivers have been updated, in fact a newest published driver is only 2 weeks old. I then had Dell replace the monitor too, but that was not it either. So I have done lots of eliminating with hardware and drivers but nothing helps, so I'm thinking it has something to do with VISTA not sending a signal from the mouse/keyboard or even the CPU to tell the monitor to wake up! Even if I press the power button on the monitor, it will light up for a few seconds and then give the message "entering power save mode" and go back to black. It is like the monitor has been told 'you are in power save mode - stay there'. Lastly, another site suggested that some mice/keyboard software have an option to choose them to allow them to send a signal to wake monitor from sleep, but there is no type of choice for that on mine that I find. :4-dontkno

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.