Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been doing research on this issue Ive been having with my monitor, seems it wont turn on :( .

Around 2 days ago my screen just went off all of a sudden, I rebooted but it wont turn back on. So, I remove the graphics card and use my graphics on my chaintech motherboard, all seem fine, thinking it was the graphics, but it wasnt. After a several reboots to make sure, my graphics on my motherboard didnt made the monitor turned on, instead the little orange light came up on the monitor as off. So I thought it was the motherboard and that its capacitors might be fried. So I went to buy a new motherboard, and still it wont turn on. So the only chance I have is the PSU, if anyone has any idea of what might is except the PSU I really apreciate it.

P.S. Can anyone explain why this happens? Also, in your comment please be elaborate because Im not a expert with computers, so far they make me have nightmares on all the troubles they give me.

·
Registered
906 Posts
If you have onboard graphics you must turn it off in BIOS to use a graphics card. Then you turn the machine off and install the new graphics card and boot the machine.

It could also be the monitor, try another monitor if you can borrow one.

Since you replaced the motherboard and still have the problem we can assume that your old mobo was ok, so the PSU come under suspicion.

Try the machine with a bare bones hardware setup. Disconnect everything (data and power cables) that you do not need to boot the machine so that you take the load off of the PSU. You actually dont need anything but one stick of ram, CPU, video and monitor to post the Bios screen. Make sure you try the monitor in both the onboard and graphics card.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.